Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Still alive

By Priyadarshini Basu (acj, 98)

The only tribute I have silently been paying 'The Blighter', as some of us secretly referred to him, is by fighting to keep the intros within 20-25 words every crack of dawn. Can't tell you how much I thought of him the first day that I joined MiD DAY! The reporters' copies would have been a gold mine for Sanyal! He could've written a sequel to his book. But since that will not be, I can only pray his spirit continues to handhold and help me deliver the goods.

As you rightly said Ashish, we may have hated him, secretly admired his sheer editing genius, but we have never really been able to ignore him.
He lives on in our speech, in every written word and perhaps a tad grudgingly, has even managed a little nook in our hearts.

Long live Jyoti!

Priya

No comments: