Friday, March 20, 2009

Sorry Mr Sanyal

Like the famous 'Too Little Too Late' comes this post. I logged into the blog after a really long time and felt compelled to write abt my interaction with Mr Sanyal. Clara Juliet, the receptionist--frontoffice desk-cum-counseller-friend of ACJ and I were great friends. Yes, we even planned dinners and movies, which of course never happened. But Clara was so fond of me that everytime the name Manju came up (during an office communication, eg to Ms Manju Varma etc), she would add a Latha and make it Manju Latha inadvertently. Mr Sanyal was mad at her and finally asked her 'Who the (*&& is Manju Latha). She told him abt our great friendship. When I went to Bangalore after four years to ACJ, he got to know that Manju Latha was among those to attend the Convocation. He immediately sent a word for me and yes, I was treated to a cup of coffee (or was it Tea for being the Manju Latha who had charmed Clara so much. I was just so touched that suddenly the current Dean, who ive never met or heard of, asks me join me for Tea. Well, I guess thatz him.
Unfortunately, a few years later I was working for a magazine in Hyderabad to which he had send his book Indlish for a review. The guys at the office misplaced it and did a big mess up with the book and the review. He held me responsible (though I had long quit that mag when all this happened). We wrote back nasty mails to each other and yes, shouted at each other - he accusing me of stealing the book :((( and I asking him to mind his words and blah blah blah. Sad that my communication with him ended with a bitter mail to him. Sorry Mr Sanyal. I never saw ur book at the magazine office and no, I never flicked it either. I hope u will forgive me for the mistake Ive never committed. RIP Mr Sanya.

2 comments:

Dev said...

Ha ha... that's just like him.

Onion Insights said...

Hi Manju ,

Nice post.We at Onion Insights (onioninsights.blogspot.com) are always happy to come across bloggers like you. We are also glad to inform you that your writing skills can now be put to good use and you can make some extra money too. Sign up as a freelance Mystery Shopper - go to www.sassieshop.com/2eyp and select New Shopper Signup with Onion Insights - A Boutique Mystery Customer Experience Management firm and get paid for telling us your shopping or dining experience. You read correctly - you get paid for shopping!
For more details log on to www. onioninsights.blogspot.com, read our blog and give us a call on +919769781001 or shoot us an email at support @onioninsights.com. An OI Team Member will get in touch with you as soon as possible! There are many Mystery Shopping assignments available in Hyderabad. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards,
OI Team.